Mobile Dental Treatment: How Does It Work?
Do you have a loved one in an aged care facility or nursing home in need of dental treatment? Is it too difficult to travel to a dentist? Would they feel safer or more comfortable seeing the dentist where they live? Many individuals find themselves in need of dental care but unable to access a traditional dental office due to reasons above or may not cooperate or tolerate travelling.
In response to this dilemma, modern dentistry has developed mobile x-ray machines and dental carts; equipment specifically built and designed to provide on-site dental services in the comfort of their room.
What Is A Mobile Dentistry?
Aged Care Dentistry mobile dental clinic, is equipped with everything a dentist or auxiallary dental staff needs to provide the convenience of on-site services to a patient.
A Mobile dental clinic features all the equipment and preparations of a traditional dental office including:
- A dental light
- A dental chair
- A digital X-ray machine
- A dental unit
- A compressor for clean water and an air supply
- A high and low volume suction unit
- And the latest mobile dental treatment!
What Services Can Mobile Dental Clinics Provide?
Our mobile dentistry clinics can provide comprehensive dental care including:
- Emergency and Urgent dental care
- Removal of all teeth
- Dentures – partial, complete, acrylic, nylon and metal.
- Large and small fillings
- Removal of decayed or broken teeth
- Dental crowns
- Removal of abscessed and infected teeth
- Dental bridges
- Preventative care
- Case management
- Nonsurgical periodontal therapy
- Clinical hygiene
- Restorative care
- Pain relief
- Oral sedation
- Mobile IV sedation with Specialist Anesthetist
- Denture care
- Bleeding or sore gums
- Comprehensive exams, cleanings, and maintenance
- Emergency dental treatment
Who Can Benefit From Mobile Dental Care?
Mobile dentistry is an excellent option for assisting individuals who:
- Are bed bound or wheelchair bound
- Haven’t been to the dentist for a long time
- Are unable to travel to the dentist
- Want to be asleep during dental treatment
- Are uncooperative or aggressive during dental procedures
- Feel afraid, nervous, or anxious of dental care
- Are physically or cognitively impaired
- Live in an aged care facility or nursing home
- Cannot find transportation to the dentist
- Prefer the convenience and comfort of receiving dental care from their own home
Can Mobile Dentist Clinics Provide Sedation Services?
Our mobile visiting Perth dentist works closely with a specialist mobile anesthetic team to provide sedation dentistry in aged care facilities and nursing homes.
After an anesthetist conducts a thorough medical history and assessment, mobile IV sedation dentistry can be carried out. IV sedation, also known as Twilight Sedation, does not require hospitalization and allows a patient to feel sleepy quickly and wake up quickly compared to general anesthesia. This is a procedure we have carries out with Anesthetists for over a decade.
Mobile IV sedation can be beneficial for patients who are uncooperative during dental procedures or experience anxiety during dental appointments.
Wondering Where To Start?
If you want to learn more about mobile dentistry for yourself or a loved one, please feel free to reach out to our caring, dedicated team. Our compassionate dentistry professionals are experienced in providing on-site care to patients who are incapable of seeing a private dentist.
With a devotion to Aged Care Dentistry, our team will readily treat patients who are no longer able to attend an external dentist. With the latest mobile technology and equipment and extensive knowledge of working with patients with cognitive, medical, or behavioural conditions, our team can treat patients who may otherwise go without proper dental care.